Friday, February 24, 2012

Smack, Crack!

      Ouch! I was at demonstration on Saturday and I did everything in my beam routine perfectly until I thought of the argument in the library between Toulane, Sierra and I. I landed my handstand quarter-turn wrong. I didn't think it was much until I felt the pain. No doubt something went wrong.
      It turned out that I had broken my ankle. Ouch! At the hospital I picked out hot pink crutches. I also got a a big, huge, itchy cast that my friends and family signed to show they care. My sisters came in to my room to give me a really nice 'feel-better' gift. A super cute stuffed panda bear named 'Panda'! Also, Sierra came and gave me an encouragement mirror!
      When I got home I needed to take a rest and I realized that I was never going to be able to get up in to my loft bed with my ankle like this! I had to sleep on a cot in my room. I had a lot of time to read No Greater Dream: A Collection of Stories About Great Athletes. When I was asleep my mom sneaked in to my room with Cooper, my dog, and wrote me a note on my notepad. Cooper jumped up on the cot, my mom had made sure that he didn't step on my ankle, and slept with me for a while.
      Sadly, I won't be able to do gymnastics for a LONG time!!! Two whole months! I'm so upset! Ugh...
Here is a photo. Ouch!

Durring My Beam Routine...

~ McKenna ☆

1 comment:

  1. Broken ankle and a loft bed? Don't attempt any flips! ♥Ruthie

    ReplyDelete