Saturday, February 25, 2012

Homework with Sierra

      Today I was resting with Cooper when Sierra came in to my room. Here is how it went:
Sierra- Hi, McKenna!
Me- Sierra? 
Sierra- Yeah, I brought you a vanilla steamer and a peanut butter cookie.
      I sat up. Vanilla steamers and peanut butter cookies are my favorite.
Me-  Thank you so much!
      She sat down and Cooper jumped up to go sleep under my desk.
Sierra- I can help you with your homework if you would like.
      My mom had put my stack of folders and homework papers next to my couch. Sierra picked up my crutches and leaned them against the opposite side of the couch, and picked up my homework. She looked over the assignments in my planner and first took out my silent reading book, Charlotte's Web, and a math paper. We got through the multiplication worksheet quickly, but when she asked me to read a chapter out loud to her, I was nervous. I began with the first sentence. “Where’s Papa going with that ax?” said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast.
       One step at a time, I thought to myself. I got through the whole chapter in less than a half of an hour. When she asked me to read more, I was so proud of myself for reading the first chapter well, that we got all the way to the third page of chapter 5 in only two hours! Wilbur looked everywhere. He searched his pen thoroughly. He examined the window ledge, stared up at the ceiling. But he saw nothing new. Finally he decided he would have to speak up. He hated to break the lovely stillness of dawn by using his voice, but he couldn’t think of any other way to locate the mysterious new friend who was nowhere to be seen. So Wilbur cleared his throat. 
      I was so proud of myself and so was Sierra. I was so happy that she had came and visited today!

~McKenna ☆


1 comment:

  1. I love the book, Charlotte's Web! Seems like a great day, McKenna!

    ReplyDelete